On this page you’ll find links to programs, resources and information for faculty, staff and other educators.
Educational improvement and innovation
The Office of Educational Improvement and Innovation offers training, resources, mentoring and more to support educators. By educators, we mean faculty, instructors and all others who contribute to the learning environment at OHSU.
Our services include:
- Resources and support for new faculty and educators.
- A teaching and learning center offering workshops, tools and consultations to hone your teaching skills. The center can help you use systems like Sakai and Blue.
- Access to resources from the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD).
- Education communications (EdCOMM) like audiovisual support, video conferencing and photo and video production.
- Mentorship and career design, including workshops, resources and one-on-one consultations.
- Opportunities and resources to support education research and innovative teaching practices.
- Resources to support social justice in education, including trauma-informed and respectful and equitable education practices.
OHSU Faculty Affairs manages all faculty-related records, policies and procedures. We offer guidance and support on employment, promotions and contracts.
We can help you:
- Understand OHSU faculty policies
- Get advice on appointments, promotions and tenure
- Request emeritus status
- Apply for sabbatical
OHSU supports your well-being and career satisfaction through a range of resources and opportunities. These resources are available to all types of educators at all OHSU schools. The School of Medicine’s faculty development office also offers resources, and some are available for everyone at OHSU.
- Workshops for new educators
- Mentoring and advising to advance your career
- Pedagogy-focused training
- Grants and other support to enhance your skills as an educator
- A variety of resources you can draw on
Employee support services
OHSU Central Services has dozens of departments that support all employees, including educators.
Our departments include:
Diversity and inclusion
The Center for Diversity and Inclusion leads OHSU’s work to build a diverse, safe and anti-racist community where everyone is welcome.
- Learn about OHSU’s diversity and inclusion goals, events, committees and progress
- Find an employee resource group
- Find spiritual and health resources
- Learn about resources available to your students
Log in to faculty self-service to complete tasks related to the Office of the Registrar.
- View class rosters and detailed schedules
- Enter grades
- Email your students or advisees
- View degree audits for your advisees
- Find instructions and FAQ on grading and grade submission deadlines