All users may access our electronic resources from guest computer stations located inside the Library. Due to publisher licensing restrictions, we are not able to allow remote access to our electronic resources to non-OHSU users, including alumni. Computer stations are available during regular open hours.
Non-OHSU community users may request articles that we do not own through our fee-based document delivery service.
If you are an Oregon-licensed MD or DO with an OHSU barcode, your licensing fees pay for use the Reprints Desk article delivery service. Learn more: Resources for Oregon-Licensed Health Providers.
Borrow print items
If you are not affiliated with OHSU but fall into one of the categories below, you may check out items from OHSU Library’s print collection by contacting us to set up an OHSU Library account:
- Shriners Hospital for Children staff
- Portland’s VA Medical Center staff
- OHSU alumni
- Licensed Oregon health professionals
- Oregon residents whose home library participates in the Oregon Library Passport program.
- Faculty, staff and students at institutions with which we have reciprocal borrowing agreements, including Orbis Cascade Alliance members (Summit Visiting Patrons)
To register for an OHSU Library account, you must show current identification. Oregon licensed health professionals must provide current license information.
If you do not fall into one of the categories above and would like to use our print collection, please contact us to learn about your options.