You’re curious. You’re bold. You’re a lifelong learner striving toward a career in health or science. Your path starts here.
OHSU is the only place in Oregon where scientists, health care providers and public health experts — current and learning — come together to change the world. Join us.
Choose your path
With 55+ programs, many offered nowhere else in the state, OHSU is a destination for transformational learning. You can find the right fit here for your career or research goals.
Learn about our degree programs in a range of health and science disciplines.
Success from the start
Our top-tier programs will prepare you to care for people in your local community or take your skills anywhere in the world.
- Our first-try pass rates for senior-level credentialing exams are 99% for the M.D. exam and 88% for the nursing exam (5% above the national average).
- We’re at or above average for other exams, too, for dentists, pharmacists, physician assistants, dietitians and more.
- 100% of our medical school graduates matched for residencies in 2023 — and more than a third are staying in Oregon.
We care about your well-being. Our programs are rigorous, but we strive to make sure you can balance your education with everything else that matters to you.
- A student health clinic with primary care, mental healthcare, mindfulness and more.
- Academic support like workshops and one-on-one consultations.
- Career mentorship to plan your next steps to meet your goals.
Many of our programs offer support tailored to the unique needs of students. For example, the M.D. program OASIS advises and supports medical students on wellness, academics and career planning.
Unique learning environment
Your path is your own. With five schools and dozens of programs, it’s easy to follow your curiosity and goals wherever they take you. You’ll find:
A state-of-the-art simulation center where you can safely practice new skills and experiment with new techniques in a realistic setting.
A flexible approach to earning a Ph.D. in the biomedical sciences. You’ll experience different disciplines and meet faculty, then choose the research focus and mentor that are right for you.
An interprofessional education model that lets you learn about, from and with other students. Students across programs, schools and institutions take a foundational course together. You’ll learn about communication, ethics, patient safety and collaborative care.
Immersive clinical experiences in rural health settings. Students across programs can practice together in a rural Oregon community. You’ll better understand health disparities and what impacts community health.
More faculty than students. With more than 3,300 faculty and fewer than 3,000 students, OHSU makes it easy to find and work alongside someone who inspires you.
Many OHSU faculty members are known worldwide for their research or innovations in clinical care. You’ll learn from some of the nation’s best medical and scientific minds.
Research is a critical part of OHSU’s mission, in every school and program. Read about our research breakthroughs.
- The School of Dentistry ranks 8th in the nation in NIH NIDCR research funding.
- Scientists at the School of Medicine attracted $393 million in research funding during the 2022-2023 fiscal year.
- At the School of Nursing, faculty members are studying health equity, patient responses to illness and treatment, safe care delivery and more.
We are Oregon’s only academic medical center and Oregon’s top-ranked hospital. We treat the most complex cases in the state. Our clinical programs put students in clinics treating real patients from the start.
Find your path at one of our five schools.
Apply to OHSU
Join us in changing the future of health and science.
Where all are welcome
Everyone is welcome at OHSU. We are committed to recognizing and dismantling racism in our structures and systems. We cultivate a safe and inclusive learning environment, and encourage students to apply who can enrich the diversity of our student body. This includes students who:
- Come from racial or ethnic backgrounds other than white
- Come from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Come from rural areas
- Are first-generation college students
27% of students are from under-represented racial or ethnic backgrounds.
About 1 in 4 faculty are from racial or ethnic backgrounds other than white.
OHSU is committed to anti-racism and social justice. Learn about our priorities:
- OHSU Anti-Racism Action Plan
- Foster Respectful and Equitable Education (FREE)
- School of Medicine diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism strategic action plan
- School of Nursing commitment to anti-racism
A place like no other
If you want an easy-going lifestyle in a vibrant community surrounded by the beauty of nature, you belong at OHSU.
Oregon has it all. Enjoy the Pacific Ocean, snowy mountain peaks, lush green forests, cold clear rivers and dry desert areas. Our misty winters are mild and keep us green, and our summers are warm and dry.
We bike, hike, ski, paddle, climb, camp, surf and more. Right in Portland is Forest Park, the largest urban wilderness in a U.S. city with 80+ miles of trails to explore.
Portland is the city of roses, bridges, beer, food carts and so much more. Here are just a few features that Portland has to offer:
- Powell’s City of Books, the world’s largest independent bookstore.
- Portland Saturday Market, one of the largest open-air markets in the country, featuring local, handmade arts, crafts and food.
- Portland Japanese Garden, one of many green spaces in the city.
- A bike-friendly community from events to infrastructure.
- Art, music, dance and other enriching experiences.
- Restaurants, food carts and craft beer for every palate.
- Kid-friendly activities, including a zoo, science museum, playgrounds and more.