The Office of Educational Improvement and Innovation promotes and advances the reflective, scholarly and innovative endeavor of teaching at OHSU and beyond. We help develop the OHSU community as teachers, scholars, mentors and leaders in the health professions to sustain and nourish their careers and become outstanding practitioners and scientists.
We do this through:
- Establishing an educational culture that recognizes and promotes teaching excellence
- Advancing interdisciplinary collaboration and cooperation
- Preparing faculty to meet assessment and accreditation standards for educational excellence
- Cultivating the potential of OHSU to contribute to the growing body of scholarship in health professions education
- Recognizing and rewarding faculty members by providing visibility to their work, interprofessional collaborations with colleagues and opportunities to make unique contributions
- Providing quality educational services including student support, curriculum design, assessment planning, teaching consultation and more
- Educators’ Collaborative: A community of practice for those interested in education, including direct teaching, innovation, scholarship, curriculum design and mentoring.
- School of Medicine - Faculty Development: The resources and development opportunities listed throughout these pages have been curated to support equitable faculty advancement, career satisfaction and wellness.
- Accreditation: Accreditation is a measure of quality and a demonstration of OHSU's commitment to continuous improvement.
- Interprofessional Education: The Interprofessional Initiative has helped drive an educational revolution at OHSU. Working collaboratively across OHSU's schools and programs, we have built a model for interprofessional practice and education.
Are you an OHSU Employee?
Use the new SharePoint Online site for Educational Improvement and Innovation to learn about EII news, initiatives, resources and more! (Duo Required)
Teaching & Learning Center
Student Academic Support
Mentorship & Career Design
Make sure to check OHSU Now for Ascend, a bi-weekly updated round-up of faculty and educator development opportunities including those in the areas of pedagogy, assessment, career development, and education scholarship. To see the most recent issue of Ascend, toggle from “Relevance” to “Date: Newest to Oldest” at the top right of the OHSU Now link.