Education at OHSU

Accommodations for Students with Disabilities

The Office for Student Access is here to make sure you have equal access to your education by offering academic adjustments. 

We can provide accommodations in: 

  • Classrooms
  • Clinical rotations
  • Research and lab spaces
  • University activities
  • Other areas on or off campus as needed

Students currently enrolled with OHSU can find more information about the Office for Student Access on our internal site. Prospective and future students can fill out an application and schedule with our office.

You can learn more about our office and the services we provide by reading our Student Handbook.

Our Commitment

OHSU is committed to providing equal access to qualified students who experience a disability in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, as amended in 2008 (ADAAA)

A person with a disability, according to the ADA and ADAAA, has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities. These activities include things like seeing, hearing, sleeping, walking, standing, speaking, learning, reading and more. A qualified student is someone who meets the standards of a program of study, with or without accommodations. 

The Office for Student Access approves accommodations and informs academic programs and Program Accommodation Liaisons. These liaisons make sure that any necessary adjustments or aids, known as reasonable accommodations, are put in place for students.

Internal Students

Meet one-on-one with an accommodations coordinator to discuss how disability-related symptoms or barriers you face affect your school life. Together, we'll explore possible accommodations to support your learning. Our office has two Accommodations Coordinators that support the seven academic programs at OHSU.

You can find more information about scheduling with one of our coordinators on our internal sitePlease note that in order to receive your accommodation you are required to meet with one of our coordinators. You can prepare for that meeting by reading our Student Handbook

If you are a student in the School of Pharmacy, contact Oregon State University for help coordinating accommodations. 

Need help? Call us at 503-494-0082 or email us at

External or Not-Yet-Enrolled Students

For external students or students that are considering attending OHSU, we're happy to meet with you too! Many of your questions can also be answered by reading our Student Handbook. Please take a minute to fill out an application for future or prospective students. 

Please call us at 503-494-0082 or email us at and one of our staff members will be in touch to schedule with you. 

What is a PAL?

The Program Accommodation Liaisons (PALs) act as a resource within OHSU programs for both students and faculty. The PAL is the designated person in an OHSU program who is responsible for working directly with OSA to ensure that students with disabilities' needs are addressed within that program. The PAL acts as an "in-house" resource and works directly with faculty and staff to implement accommodations.  

Contact your PAL if you need assistance or have questions about implementing an accommodation within your program. They will work with you and your faculty members. 

School of Dentistry:

School of Medicine

 Undergraduate Medical Education (UME): Rebecca Cantone, M.D.

Graduate Studies: Monica Hinds, Ph.D.

Division of Management: Kelly Doherty

Physician Assistant: Brianna Hanson, M.S., MPAP, PA-C

Radiation Therapy: Kristi Tonning, Ph.D., R.T.(T)

School of Nursing

OHSU-PSU School of Public Health

Religious Accommodations

To submit a request, please fill out the Religious Accommodations Request Form.

For questions, please contact the Office of Student Affairs.

Pregnancy and Parenting Adjustments

Visit us

We’re here to answer your questions at the Office for Student Access in Suite 200 of the Moody Building.