Education at OHSU

Transfer Credit

OHSU accepts transfer credit according to the Transfer of Course Credit Policy (02-70-005) and the accompanying Undergraduate Transfer Procedure.

Transfer credit is accepted based on official transcripts from a prior college or university.

Additionally, OHSU accepts the following types of credit:

  • Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), College-Level Examination Program (CLEP), and DSST based on official scores received directly from the testing service.
  • Credit for experiential or prior learning assessment previously transcripted through a regionally or nationally accredited college or university or through the American Council on Education (ACE).  
  • Credit for military education and experience based on a Joint Services Transcript.

For more information about how your credits will transfer, contact your program:

International Coursework

Students who wish to transfer college-level coursework completed outside the United States to OHSU must have their transcript evaluated by an international credential evaluation agency. The evaluation must show the course name, grade received using a U.S. grading scale, cumulative grade point average (GPA), and degree earned. OHSU recommends World Education Services (WES). We will accept evaluations from any organization listed as a current member on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) website.

Sending Transcripts to OHSU

Prospective students seeking admission
Contact your program to find out where to send or upload transcripts.

Continuing students submitting transfer coursework
If your school offers electronic transcripts, have them sent to

Otherwise have them mailed to:
Office of the Registrar
Mail Code L-109
3181 S.W. Sam Jackson Park Rd.
Portland, OR 97239-3098