In support of the Committee on Academic Policy, the Office of Academic Programs, Policy and Accreditation is responsible for coordinating the development and maintenance of policies and procedures relating to academic affairs and student life, provide oversight of school and/or academic unit level policies and procedures and to recommend university-wide policies and procedures as appropriate. Many stakeholders within the education mission of OHSU participate in the development and revision of academic policies.
Policies are presented to the Committee on Academic Policy (CAP) for review and approval on a quarterly basis. CAP consists of faculty, academic administrators, a Faculty Senator, a student, members from the Office of the Provost and the Office of General Counsel.
The Office of Academic Programs, Policy and Accreditation is responsible for reporting policy activity to the Provost and to the Policy Advisory Committee.
Policy development process
To suggest a policy concept or revision for CAP consideration, individuals or academic units should contact Anna Teske, Assistant Vice Provost. Each request will be reviewed in accordance with the CAP Policy Review Protocol and Academic Policy Processes Map.
For additional information please see the section below on Policy Resources.
Approved academic policies
Policies contained on this site may be modified or discontinued from time to time. Every effort will be made to keep them up-to-date and notices will be provided of proposed policy changes. However, it is your responsibility to keep current on all applicable policies and to request clarification you might need from appropriate OHSU staff.
Below are academic policies reviewed and approved by CAP.
- Policy 02-20-005, Student Records
- Policy 02-20-010, Certain Information Not Required to be Provided by Students
- Policy 02-20-015, Locations and Custody of Student Records
- Policy 02-20-020, Directory Information
- Policy 02-20-025, Confidential Records Restrictions on Release
- Policy 02-20-030, Transfer of Education Records
- Policy 02-20-035, Petition by Student for Change in Personal Records
- Policy 02-20-040, Availability of Student Records for Research Purposes
- Policy 02-20-045, Record of Student Complaint
- Policy 02-20-050, Verification of Student Identity
- Policy 02-50-005, Academic Program Review
- Policy 02-50-010, Proposing Curricular Modifications
- Policy 02-50-015, Assignment of Course Credit Hour
- Policy 02-50-020, Marketing Proposed Academic Programs
- Policy 02-50-030, Student Learning Outcomes and Assessment
- Policy 02-50-035, Student Evaluation of Course and Instructional Effectiveness
- Policy 02-50-040, Suspension of Admissions Into or Closure of Academic Programs
- Policy 02-50-045, Course Inactivation
- Policy 02-50-050, Course Syllabi
- Policy 02-50-055, Enrollment of Students in Multiple Degree/Certificate Offerings
- Procedure 02-50-055
- Policy 02-50-060, Course Identification
- Policy 02-70-005, Transfer of Course Credit
- Policy 02-70-010, Technical Standards
- Policy 02-70-015, Timely Release of Grades
- Policy 02-70-020, University Grading
- Policy 02-70-025, Change in Major or Degree Objective
- Policy 02-70-030, Voluntary Leave of Absence and Withdrawal
- Procedure 02-70-030
- Policy 02-70-035, Degrees/Certificate Standards
- Policy 02-70-040, Degrees Awarded with Honors
- Policy 02-70-045, Change in Scheduled Examination and Other Assessments
- Policy 02-70-050, Exam Proctoring
- Procedure 02-70-050
- Exam Proctoring Form - External to OHSU
- Policy 02-90-001, Student Interest Group Recognition
- Procedure 02-90-001
- Policy 02-90-010, Student Health
- Procedure 02-90-010
- Policy 02-90-020, Non-Immigrant Foreign Student Health Insurance Requirements
- Policy 02-90-025, Student Financial Planning
- Policy 02-90-030, Housing for Community Based Rotations
- Procedure 02-90-030
- Policy 02-90-035, OHSU Approval of Student-Led Outreach Activities and Initiatives
- Policy 02-90-040, Use of Anatomical Materials for Instructional Purposes