The Teaching and Learning Center partners with faculty, students and colleagues to create meaningful, innovative and evidence-based learning experiences across OHSU. Learn more about us by reading the Teaching and Learning Center's 2018 Annual Report.
Our vision: The Teaching and Learning Center will be the hub of educational innovation and scholarship at OHSU.
The Teaching and Learning Center aims to:
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to develop, improve and implement best practices in teaching and course design.
- Provide high-quality academic support services to OHSU's diverse learners to promote student success.
- Provide educational expertise and evaluation data to help programs measure and improve student learning outcomes.
- Advise programs on curricular development for continuous program improvement.
- Contribute to a culture of scholarship and innovation to promote educational excellence.
The Teaching and Learning Center provides these services o help improve your academic program performance:
- Curriculum mapping: We can help you develop or identify curricular integration of what is written, taught and tested in a course or program. We will provide you with a tool set to help implement course and program alignment.
- Program and course evaluation: We are available to help improve course evaluation response rates and customize questions to meet your program evaluation needs.
- Interactive trainings: We offer trainings on various education topics such as writing learning objectives, developing tests and MCQs, active learning strategies, developing student resilience, etc., which we can deliver online or in person.
- Educational technology support: Sakai Course Management System, iClickers (Audience Response System), Blue Course Evaluations
Student Learning Support
The Teaching and Learning Center's student learning support specialist supports students as they adapt their study and personal habits to the demands of being a student at OHSU. Often academic success can be achieved through changes in the way in which students approach their learning early in their academic program.
The student learning support specialist assists students with the following:
- Study skills
- Motivation and goal setting
- Learning styles and active learning strategies
- Test-taking skills and test anxiety
- Time (self) management
- Board preparation
The student learning support specialist is also available to facilitate workshops, presentations or panel discussions on the above topics or create a custom presentation. Students or faculty interested in meeting with the student learning support specialist or having her come to a class or present on a topic, email Shoshana Zeisman-Pereyo, Ph.D.
Training and events
The Teaching and Learning Center is invested in sharing its expertise and experience across the OHSU educational community. We offer interactive training opportunities, literature review discussions and a variety of other unique learning opportunities for all programs at OHSU. Please contact us if you'd like to work together – we love collaborating! Email the Teaching and Learning Center.