Who can borrow from the OHSU Library
- OHSU faculty, staff, and students are automatically granted a Library Account, which you can log into using your OHSU network account.
- Community users (not affiliated with OHSU) have access options. Learn more.
Pickup and delivery options
During OHSU’s modified operations, items placed on hold must be picked up via a curbside pickup appointment. Learn more.
When requesting an item via the library catalog, you will choose from the following pickup locations:
- OHSU Library: Pick up holds at the BICC Library during our operating hours.
- OHSU Campus Mail: We can also send your items via Campus Mail. Please provide your mail code when requesting your items.
- Distance Ed.: On request, we will mail items using the U.S. Postal Service to Distance Education faculty and students.
Request items that OHSU does not own
If you need an item that is not in OHSU’s collection, you can request a copy from other libraries using your OHSU network account:
- Use our Summit service to request print and audio-visual items from other academic libraries in our region via our library catalog. Select "OHSU + NW Academic Libraries (Summit)" to include items from other regional libraries in your search.
- Use our Get It For Me interlibrary loan service to request items that are not available from either OHSU’s collection or via the Summit service.
Request a book chapter or journal article
If you need just one chapter or one article from an issue of a journal we only have in print form, we highly encourage you to request these electronically through our Get It For Me service—we’ll scan the parts you need, and you’ll have them in less than two business days in most cases.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Contact us!
These services are available at no cost to OHSU members.
Regular circulating print items are renewable, as long as no one else has requested the item.
How to renew
You will receive an e-mail notification only if someone else has requested the item. If you still need the item and you don’t receive an e-mail notification, you can keep it and it will be automatically renewed for you. You will not be charged overdue fees as long as your item is eligible for renewal.
If someone else has requested the item, you will receive a notification four days before it is due. If the item is not returned before the end of the loan period, you will be charged for the replacement cost of the book.
Course Reserves and items that have been requested by another user are not renewable.
|Books||90 days, renewable until requested. Request individual chapters through our Get It For Me service and receive scanned PDFs.|
|Journals||7 days, renewable until requested. If you need a single article, you may request a scanned PDF through our Get It For Me service.|
|DVDs||7 days, renewable until requested|
|Course Reserves||2 hours (During Modified Operations, 3 days)|
|Reference Books||Library use only; some items can be checked out by request. Please contact us.|
|Equipment||5 days; contact us for special circumstances|
|Summit Books||6 weeks, one renewal if item has not been requested|
|Summit DVDs||One week, one renewal if item has not been requested|
|Interlibrary Loan||Determined by lending library|
Return items via a book drop
- Next to the Portland Aerial Tram lower terminal
- Inside Graduate Learning Resource Center in the RLSB, 4th floor atrium (special badge access required)
- South Waterfront
- BICC 3rd floor lobby, outside the Library entrance
- Top of Parking Garage C, in front of the Auditorium building and Mackenzie Hall, at the end of the BICC skybridge.
- Marquam Hill
Return items via mail
- Use Campus Mail (send to mail code: LIB)
- Use the postal service or other shipping company to send to our mailing address, listed on our Contact page.
If you lose or damage a Library item, you will be billed the full replacement cost of the item.