Attention members and guests:
The Student Center is taking a gradual and phased approach to re-opening the facility amenities as well as to user group access to ensure the ongoing safety of all OHSU students, employees, patients, and the community. We are following an approved plan with guidance provided by the University, OSHA, as well as State and Federal guidelines. As these guidelines are updated we may reevaluate the below phased reopening dates. We are also finishing up maintenance and annual projects in the natatorium and gymnasium, and anticipate that some of the amenities in the facility will not be available until mid-August. These dates are tentative and may be adjusted to meet operational and State and Federal guidelines related to COVID-19. As we approach each phase, OHSU and the Student Center reserve the right to adjust the re-opening schedule as deemed necessary. Also, as a reminder the Visitor Policy is still in place which states only current OHSU employees and students are allowed in non-healthcare buildings. We thank you for your continued patience and will provide regular re-opening updates as we move forward.
- 6/21/21 - Monday - Friday 8am to 8pm - Badge access to current OHSU students only to access the Food Resource Center.
- 8/9/21 - Monday - Friday 8am to 8pm - Badge access for OHSU students only to access Student Center amenities.
- 9/27/21 - Monday - Friday 8am to 8pm - Badge access for GME residents and fellows to access available amenities.
- 12/20/21 - Schedule TBD - Access to employee members, current student, and GME resident and fellow partners (verification required), and visiting students. Badge access will be lifted for all user groups.
- The availability of amenities will be determined by the end dates for the ongoing projects.
As an alternative, March Wellness – which follows different University guidelines and policies based on their building classification has reopened. For more information on March Wellness memberships click on the link above.
Located on Marquam Hill, the Student Center is a place for students, residents, fellows and their significant others, as well as employees of OHSU to gather, relax, decompress or get some exercise. The Student Center offers a variety of social and cultural activities, and the staff is dedicated to working closely with the OHSU community to conduct innovative and engaging programs.
Swimming pool and gymnasium memberships are available for employees. For more information please contact the Student Center
Current students: Get more information on Student Central
- Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm
Located on the second floor is a six-lane, 25-yard lap pool and hot tub available for OHSU students, GME residents and fellows, and their significant others, as well as visiting students, and employees of OHSU.
- Lap swimming only; no organized groups, classes, or personal coaching sessions.
- Fins, kickboards, hand paddles, etc. are available for use.
- Kayaks and surfboards are allowed with prior approval.
- The pool and hot tub close 15 minutes prior to the building closure.
- The swimming pool and hot tub are not available for rental or private individual/group reservations.
Located on the second floor is a collegiate-size basketball court available for OHSU students, GME residents and fellows, and their significant others, visiting students, as well as employees of OHSU. Intramural sports run during the academic year and a number of special events are conducted in the gymnasium. Closures will be posted in advance on the Student Center kiosk. The gymnasium closes 15 minutes prior to the building closing.
The wellness room is for current OHSU students, GME residents and fellows, and their significant others only. There is a small fee for significant others to use the space. There are treadmills, precors, stationary bikes, a stairclimber, free weights, benches, etc. available for use.
The media room is a multi-functional space available for a variety of social and academic activities. The room is equipped with 9' by 15' HDTV screen, computer kiosk for presentations and internet access as well as large beanbag-style chairs and tiered benches.
The Nucleus Lounge showcases a rotating selection of artwork created by the OHSU community and local artists. We are always eager to showcase exhibits that address health and well-being. Each art exhibit opens with a small reception and is shown for several months. Receptions are free and open to the community. For information about this program, please contact the front desk at 503-494-8295 or send an email.
Located in the Nucleus Lounge area is a baby grand piano, open for anyone affiliated with OHSU to play. Please ask for the key at the front desk. There is a one hour time limit per player.
The Student Center has multiple group study areas and lounge spaces that are accessible on a first-come, first-served basis. The computer and study room has four computer kiosks and lounge-style seating that is perfect for group study sessions. Computers do not have printing capability and require an OHSU ID to log in.