We offer trainings and resources for faculty and all educators to draw on, both to support their own career development and to improve their skills as educators and educational scholars. Though faculty are the primary audience for our activities, we will use the term “educators” throughout to indicate that there are a number of people at OHSU who contribute to the education mission alongside our faculty, in areas like assessment, student affairs, training and development, the library, and administration. Most of our initiatives are open to all educators at OHSU, and those that actually are restricted to faculty are noted.
Activities and Trainings
- Professional Development Series (PDS): New Educator Orientation – Workshop series for new faculty/educators to learn how OHSU works and resources useful as they transition to their new roles.
- PDS: Mentoring Circles – Small group, monthly meetings to reflect on the Professional Development Series’ content for new faculty/educators
- Teaching and Learning Center – Pedagogy-focused trainings and consultations for educators
- Mentorship Academy – Trainings to develop mentorship competencies and a mentoring philosophy for educators
- Faculty Development Fridays – Watch and discuss a variety of webinars with colleagues at OHSU
- Provost Faculty Development Grants – Funding for leadership and professional development for faculty
- Education Scholarship – Learn about resources and consultations in education scholarship
- F.R.E.E. - Fostering Respectful and Equitable Education at OHSU
- National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity – Access webinars for career growth and 14 day writing challenges