Join OHSU colleagues every other Friday for a series of professional education opportunities, including live-streamed presentations, virtual workshops, and facilitated discussions of webinars.
Jointly presented with the Office of Educational Improvement and Innovation.
All events are open to learners, postdocs, staff, and faculty.
Use this registration form for all of the below activities.
Join colleagues for a viewing of the AAMC webinar, Understanding Unconscious Bias in the Health Professions and How to Mitigate It.
The viewing and group discussion to follow will be facilitated by Crystal Roberts, J.D., Program Manager and Lead Diversity Trainer in the OHSU's Center for Diversity and Inclusion.
Even if you have already attended a session of OHSU's Unconscious Bias Training, watching this webinar and participating in this conversation will be beneficial to your understanding of unconscious bias and your ability to mitigate its effects.
- Join the group Webex stream of the recorded webinar from 12-1 p.m.
- Participate in the discussion from 1-1:30 p.m.
OHSU is pleased to welcome two presenters from the AAMC, who will be facilitating a live MedEdPORTAL session. This live presentation will incorporate much of the information from their webinar on this topic that already exists, with the addition of case studies for more concrete examples.
Their live session retains the title, “Converting Your Teaching and Assessment Materials into Educational Scholarship through MedEdPORTAL”.
- Join the group Webex stream of this session from 12-1:30 p.m.
Note: This session was originally scheduled for August 7. It has been designed as a companion session to the September 18 Faculty Development Friday session, facilitated by Constance R. Tucker.
May 15: Wellness and Technology
Facilitator: Niki Steckler, Ph.D.
Resources: Wellness and Technology webinar (NCFDD - Login required)
May 29: Leading in Uncertain Conditions
Facilitator: Brian Park, M.D., M.P.H.
Resources: The Science of Leading and Managing with Resilience in Uncertain Conditions webinar (Institute of Coaching)
June 12: Remote Collaboration
Facilitator: Jessica Walter
Resources: Creating a Collaborative Culture Through Remote Work webinar (AAMC - Login required)
June 26: Responding to Racial Bias
Facilitator: Graciela Vidal, M.S., M.A.
- Responding to Racial Bias and Microaggressions in Online Environments webinar (CORA)
- Webinar Reference List | Racial Microaggressions in Everyday Life | RAVEN Approach to Microaggressions | Additional Resources
July 10: Virtual Voices: Sharing the Mic
Presenter: Suzanne Atkin, M.S.
- It’s Not Just You: In Online Meetings, Many Women Can’t Get a Word In (New York Times)
- Power Dynamics and Inclusion in Virtual Meetings (Aspiration)
July 24: Acting Against Disrespect
Facilitator: Leslie Garcia, M.P.A.
- Acting Against Disrespect: An Evidence Based Model for Responding to Incidents of Disrespectful or Discriminatory Behavior webinar (AAMC - Login required)
- Respect for All guide (OHSU)
August 7: Science of Effective Coaching
Facilitator: Steve Kinder, MPA
Resources: The Science of Effective Coaching webinar (Institute of Coaching)
August 21: Integrating Humanities with Sciences
Facilitator: Elizabeth Lahti, M.D.
Resources: The Integration of the Humanities and Arts with Sciences, Engineering and Medicine in Higher Education: Branches of the Same Tree webinar (AAMC - Login required)
September 4: Advancing Women into Leadership
Facilitator: Leah Reznick, M.D.
- Power Reimagined - Advancing Women into Emerging Leadership Positions webinar (AAMC)
- OHSU "power rolls" fact sheet
- Organizational Savvy: Critical to Career Development in Academic Medicine (Journal of Women's Health)
September 18: Health Professions Education Scholarship
Facilitator: Constance R. Tucker, M.A., Ph.D.
National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity
OHSU is an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity. The NCFDD is a nationally recognized, independent organization that provides online career development and mentoring resources for faculty, postdocs and graduate students.