AMWA at OHSU
The OHSU branch was revived in 2016 by M.D./Ph.D. students Mollie Marr, Alexandra Pincus, and Kelsey Priest, and M.D. students Jennifer Thompson, Elena Griffin, Annie Buckmaster, Angela Steichen.
We, the OHSU branch of the AMWA, are an inclusive organization that promotes community empowerment, career advancement, education, and social justice.
We achieve this by providing and developing:
- A supportive and diverse community at the institutional, local, and state level
- Opportunities for leadership, mentorship, and professional development
- Education, research, and outreach addressing gender equity and women’s health
- Avenues for advocacy and policy in order to effect long-lasting change
The American Medical Women's Association is an organization that functions at the local, national, and international level to advance women in medicine and improve women's health. We achieve this by providing and developing leadership, advocacy, education, expertise, mentoring, and strategic alliances.
OHSU AMWA Executive Team 2019-2020
- Ashley Anderson
- Tanvi Batish
- Ayesha Khader
- Elizabeth Swanson
- Emily Lane
- Hannah Dischinger
- Monique Hedmann
- Jaime Kiff
- Professional Development: creating opportunities for mentorship and skill building
- Gina at email@example.com
- Family Planning and Policy: creating policy at OHSU for family planning and pregnancy leave
- Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conference Planning: organizing the second annual Strength Through Stories Conference
- Mollie at email@example.com
- Research: qualitative and quantitative studies
- Jenna at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advocacy and Policy: coordinating with national chapter initiatives on awareness and service work
- Ayesha at email@example.com
- Diversity and Intersectionality: joint projects with other student groups, community and advocacy work
- Tanvi at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Women's Health: promoting women's health and coordinating with national chapter initiatives
- Alyssa at email@example.com
OHSU AMWA students in national leadership positions
- 2017 conference: "Strength Through Stories"
- 2018 conference: "Ideas to Action"
- 2019 conference: "Radical Medicine: Rise, Resist, Redefine"
Radical medicine is an interdisciplinary conference focused on addressing power, equity, and bias in heaIthcare. Workshops focused on allyship, communication, and system change.
Email us if you have questions or would like to connect with the OHSU chapter of AMWA.
Learn more about AMWA
Explore the American Medical Women's Association national site.