The Educators' Collaborative is a community of practice for those interested in education, including direct teaching, innovation, scholarship, curriculum design and mentoring.
The Collaborative hosts Education Grand Rounds on the second Tuesday of each month from noon to 1 p.m. in OHSU Hospital 8B60.
The Annual House Officer Welcome Mixer is sponsored by the House Officers Association and GME. It is a great opportunity for all residents and fellows to kick off each academic year with music, beverages, food and mingling. Come meet your fellow house officers and celebrate the start of a new academic year!
Annually end of June/early July.
In order to provide recognition to the role of program coordinators in assuring the success of their training programs, GME and PC leaders have created a certificate program for program coordinators.
The Program Coordinator Professional Development program series will:
- Enhance professional development
- Improve competence with residency management software
- Expand knowledge of ACGME requirements
- Develop program leadership skills
There are three levels of certification:
- Bronze level courses include all of the basic topics
- Silver level courses are in addition to the Bronze level courses and include more advanced topics
- Gold evel courses is for those program coordinators who wish a depth of knowledge that enables them to teach, help with ACGME preparation, mentorship and leadership.
Each level leads to a Certificate of Completion, with a financial incentive offered for those who complete all levels. In order to assure mastery of the topics, there will be curricula developed with a final exam for each level.
For those completing all three levels (Bronze, Silver and Gold) there will be a $1000 one-time payment awarded.
OHSU Education News
- Unique OHSU program trains future clinicians to address needs, challenges of patients with disabilities
- OHSU School of Nursing Ashland campus opens state-of-the art facility
- OHSU Street Nursing Team growing to better serve Southern Oregon’s unhoused
- OHSU M.D. Class of 2026 celebrates its annual White Coat Ceremony
- OHSU resumes annual White Coat Ceremony for newest medical students