The School of Medicine Educators' Collaborative hosts Education Grand Rounds the first Wednesday of each month from noon to 1 p.m. in OHSU Hospital 8B60.
The Annual House Officer Welcome Mixer is sponsored by the House Officers Association and GME. It is a great opportunity for all residents and fellows to kick off each academic year with music, beverages, food and mingling. Come meet your fellow house officers and celebrate the start of a new academic year!
Annually end of June/early July.
Week of January 28, 2019
Performance excellence happens every day at OHSU, but Performance Excellence Week brings focused attention to safety, quality, service and affordability, and provides an opportunity to celebrate accomplishments.
Current residents and fellows, see more information about poster submissions on O2.
The seventh annual Professionalism Week was November 12-15, 2018. The 2018 theme was about building healthy teams together. Professionalism Week events are open to all faculty, staff, residents/fellows, and students.
In order to provide recognition to the role of program coordinators in assuring the success of their training programs, GME and PC leaders have created a certificate program for program coordinators.
The Program Coordinator Professional Development program series will:
- Enhance professional development
- Improve competence with residency management software
- Expand knowledge of ACGME requirements
- Develop program leadership skills
There are three levels of certification:
- Bronze level courses include all of the basic topics
- Silver level courses are in addition to the Bronze level courses and include more advanced topics
- Gold evel courses is for those program coordinators who wish a depth of knowledge that enables them to teach, help with ACGME preparation, mentorship and leadership.
Each level leads to a Certificate of Completion, with a financial incentive offered for those who complete all levels. In order to assure mastery of the topics, there will be curricula developed with a final exam for each level.
For those completing all three levels (Bronze, Silver and Gold) there will be a $1000 one-time payment awarded.
Contact GME to sign up.