The Educators' Collaborative is a community of practice for those interested in education, including direct teaching, innovation, scholarship, curriculum design and mentoring.
The Collaborative hosts Education Grand Rounds on the first Wednesday of each month from noon to 1 p.m. in OHSU Hospital 8B60.
The Annual House Officer Welcome Mixer is sponsored by the House Officers Association and GME. It is a great opportunity for all residents and fellows to kick off each academic year with music, beverages, food and mingling. Come meet your fellow house officers and celebrate the start of a new academic year!
Annually end of June/early July.
Week of February 10 - 14, 2020
Performance excellence happens every day at OHSU, but Performance Excellence Week brings focused attention to safety, quality, service and affordability, and provides an opportunity to celebrate accomplishments.
Current residents and fellows, see more information about poster submissions on O2.
In order to provide recognition to the role of program coordinators in assuring the success of their training programs, GME and PC leaders have created a certificate program for program coordinators.
The Program Coordinator Professional Development program series will:
- Enhance professional development
- Improve competence with residency management software
- Expand knowledge of ACGME requirements
- Develop program leadership skills
There are three levels of certification:
- Bronze level courses include all of the basic topics
- Silver level courses are in addition to the Bronze level courses and include more advanced topics
- Gold evel courses is for those program coordinators who wish a depth of knowledge that enables them to teach, help with ACGME preparation, mentorship and leadership.
Each level leads to a Certificate of Completion, with a financial incentive offered for those who complete all levels. In order to assure mastery of the topics, there will be curricula developed with a final exam for each level.
For those completing all three levels (Bronze, Silver and Gold) there will be a $1000 one-time payment awarded.
The 4th Annual Symposium on Educational Excellence will be held May 15, 2020.
This annual day-long symposium brings together faculty, students and staff from across OHSU to share and learn about the innovative projects and practices that support our shared educational mission. Join colleagues for presentations and discussions showcasing innovation in education at OHSU.
OHSU Education News
- OHSU celebrates 2021 graduates who learned amid COVID-19 crisis
- They kept their eyes on the prize
- OHSU scientists earn $1.5 million to accelerate innovation, collaboration
- More Native American physicians needed; medical school graduation rates are flat, declining
- Students, trainees help make history