Discover Your Graduate Degree
At OHSU, students and faculty collaborate to ask and to seek answers for big questions. The School of Medicine offers an outstanding suite of PhD, Masters and Graduate Certificate programs each with nationally and internationally known faculty in their fields. In our new PhD Program in Biomedical Sciences, students curate a cross-disciplinary training experience to go both deep and broad in their research interests. Across all our programs, we are excited and prepared to challenge talented, diverse and inquisitive students to catalyze biomedical discovery advancing health for all.
What Makes Us Unique?
Oregon Health & Science University is where healing, teaching and discovery come together. We're committed to advancing science in the lab, to translating our findings into the latest treatments for patients, and to training world-class providers.
As Oregon's only academic health center, OHSU:
- Educates doctors, nurses, dentists, pharmacists and other health care professionals.
- Conducts extensive research, including clinical trials to test new ways to prevent, detect and treat illness.
- Cares for patients.
- Multiple OHSU graduate degree programs rank among the top 10 nationwide*
- The School of Medicine is one of 11 medical schools selected to lead a national medical education transformation consortium**
- OHSU was named one of the world’s most innovative universities in 2016 based on scientific advancements, inventions and economic impact***
- The OHSU Knight Cancer Institute earned the National Cancer Institute's highest designation for research excellence, Comprehensive Cancer Center, in 2017.
- $462 million in awards for research funding in FY 2018.
- OHSU provides grants to organizations in every county of the state to fight cancer in their community.
*U.S. News & World Report
**American Medical Association