Welcome to the Housestaff Quality and Safety Council
The purpose of the Housestaff Quality and Safety Council (HQSC) is to engage Housestaff to identify, develop, and promote institutional improvement initiatives to achieve the quadruple aim (higher quality, lower cost, more patient and care team satisfaction) and to provide community of practice for advanced education & leadership development in health system improvement.
Without our departmental QI liaisons “QILs”, HQSC would not be able to affect change. Thank you to our QILs for their dedication to improving the quality of patient care we provide!
Education on quality improvement and patient safety topics is provided to all attendees of the Housestaff Quality and Safety Council, we encourage all housestaff to attend. Housestaff are also invited to attend hospital-level root cause analyses and mock root cause analyses.
- OPEx https://o2.ohsu.edu/opex/
- Teach Improvement Science https://www.teachis.org/
- IHI Open School Basic Certificate in Quality & Safety http://www.ihi.org/education/ihiopenschool/Pages/default.aspx
- Stanford RITE Tutorials https://www.youtube.com/@StanfordRadQuality
- AHRQ Patient Safety Network https://psnet.ahrq.gov/