GME check-in sessions offer you a chance to complete many new employee tasks in one-stop. Your GME check-in session will be mostly online, with a few in-person tasks.
- All incoming trainees have been assigned to a one-day GME check-in session.
- You will not be required to be on campus for the entire day of your GME check-in. You will have an individual time slot given to you closer to your check-in date.
- Attendance for the full day is mandatory. Please do not make any plans for this day, while your check-in slot will be one hour, the online tasks will still take a full work day.
- Your program coordinator will contact you regarding your check-in session date and other orientation activities.
Mandatory to bring two forms of ID in current legal name to in-person check-in sessions
It is mandatory to bring two forms of ID in your current legal name to your GME check-in sessions. See Welcome Booklet for acceptable forms of ID.
You cannot be hired without appropriate ID.
If you are moving, remember to keep your IDs easily accessible and bring them with your to your GME check-in session.
Check-in session activities
- In-person GME check-in session:
- Complete I-9 (bring two forms of ID, see page in Welcome Booklet for acceptable ID)
- Sign up for Direct Deposit
- OHSU ID badge
- Complete required VA paperwork
- Online GME check-in tasks:
- Activate OHSU network login
- Sign up for benefits
- Sign up for parking
On your check-in date, the GME office will also send you two short GME Onboarding PowerPoint presentations:
- GME Onboarding Part One will cover:
- What is the GME office? How can we help you throughout your training.
- Resident wellness program
- GME Onboarding Part Two will cover:
- Meal tickets
- Call rooms
- Taxi service
- Parking and commuting