Enriching your educational experiences through social, recreational, and cultural opportunities. View Upcoming Events
Welcome to OHSU
OHSU is dedicated to providing students with a world renowned education and extracurricular opportunities that support personal growth outside of the classroom. These opportunities include social, recreational and cultural activities that allow students to supplement their ability to become well-balanced research and health care professionals. Students at OHSU will be able to enrich their academic experiences by participating in new activities that emphasize interacting with others as well as taking care of one's personal self.
The mission of the Office of Student Life is to help students enrich their educational experiences by providing a dynamic interdisciplinary environment that stimulates inquiry, initiative and cooperation among the OHSU community. The collaboration and partnership on student-centered programming cultivates a sense of community and inter-professionalism that is unique to OHSU.
Students who participate in Student Life services will [will be able to]…
- Develop their ability to build collaborative relationships and use this attribute to positively influence their communities at OHSU and beyond (Communication, Teamwork).
- Develop one's sense of personal self and use this understanding to supplement their ability to become well-balanced research and health care professionals (Professional Knowledge and Skills, Lifelong Learning).
- Develop their leadership skills and personal code of ethics, and apply them to strengthen their organizations and communities at OHSU and beyond (Professionalism and Ethics).
- Enhance their workplace skills and apply that knowledge to create safe and equitable organizations and communities at OHSU and beyond (Professional Knowledge and Skills, Reasoning and Judgment, Systems).
- Integrate and apply knowledge (gained through co-curricular activities) to intellectual and practical skills that will enhance their ability to live productive lives (Lifelong Learning).