Annual conference celebrating collaboration in education
Join colleagues for presentations and discussions showcasing innovation in education at OHSU.
Featuring the Angel Shark Tank session
For a beginning researcher or innovator, it can be common to struggle with refining and gaining support for initial small-scale proposals to serve as pilot ideas for future career directions. Modeled after the popular TV series Shark Tank, the Angel Shark Tank session will allow junior investigators to present their proposals to a panel of experts in education and research from around the university. Every participant will leave with gentle, formative feedback, though some could leave with offers of sponsorship or even possibly a small amount of seed money! Presenters are paired with a “dive master,” a faculty coach who helps them refine and practice their presentations in advance.
Theme: Educational Scholarship
2019 poster session award winners
- Development of an Inpatient Pediatric Curriculum for Family Medicine Residents | Megan Durham, M.D.; Jared Austin, M.D.
- A Novel Improvement Science Curriculum for Pre-Clinical Medical Students: First Year of a Student-Led Initiative | Sherry Liang, B.A.; Reem Hasan, M.D., Ph.D.; Christopher Terndrup, M.D.; Sherril Gelmon, Dr.P.H.; Matthew DiVeronica, M.D.
- Recognize. Reflect. Create. Connect! Impacts of a novel narrative medicine conference | Elizabeth Lahti, M.D.; Rebecca Harrison, M.D.; Niki Steckler, Ph.D.; Martha Driessnack, Ph.D.; Deborah Woodcock, M.B.A.; Jennifer Aengst, Ph.D.
2018 poster session award winners
- Students as teachers and patients as learners: Pathway of the integration of a 3-D virtual simulation into program curriculum and to patient education | Kristi Tonning, Maria Thompson
- Paying it forward: A unique approach to junior faculty professional development in the basic sciences | Holly Caretta-Weyer, Pepper Schedin, Joshi Alumkal, Lisa Coussens, Melissa Wong
- Collaborative group testing: Can we prepare the next generation of dentists through assessment? | Tobie Jones
- The photo diversity project: Increasing the diversity of images used in classroom teaching | Linda Felver, Rian Johnson
- In just five (5) questions: A deceptively simple, learner-centered, transformative learning activity | Martha Driessnack, Asma Taha
- The case for CME: Applying CME to existing graduate courses | Jessica L. Walter, Christine Flores
- Graphic medicine in action: The creation of a neurotransmitter zine | Keenan Smart, Timmi Claveria, Anandam Hilde, Paria Zarrinnegar, Megan McLeod, Pari Faraji, Richard Ly
- Child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship and pediatric integrated care models: Paragons, pragmatics and pitfalls | Megan McLeod, Craigan Usher