If you are a veteran of the United States military, or a spouse or dependent of a veteran, you may be eligible for education funding to attend OHSU.
- Find out if your are eligible for VA benefits: www.va.gov/education/eligibility
- Learn how to apply for VA benefits: www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply
- Gain understanding of how your benefits would apply at OHSU: www.va.gov/gi-bill-comparison-tool
- OHSU VA Benefits Welcome Packet
- Submit a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training
- Contact OHSU’s VA School Certifying Official at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-494-5877 to inform us that you plan to use your benefits
- Register for classes
- Complete the OHSU Veteran Benefit Certification Form
In-State Tuition for Veterans and VA Beneficiaries
Under Section 3679(c) of title 38, schools must charge in-state tuition and fees to certain individuals. OHSU’s application of this statute is detailed in sections 3.B. and 3.C. of the OHSU Student Residency for Tuition Purposes Policy (02-10-010).
The following are considered Oregon residents for tuition purposes, regardless of their formal state of residence (see the policy for details and restrictions):
- A veteran who was has secured housing in Oregon prior to commencing enrollment in an OHSU academic program
- A veteran receiving benefits under chapter 30 or 33 who lives in Oregon
- An individual using transferred benefits under chapter 33 who lives in Oregon
- Anyone receiving benefits under chapter 31 who lives in Oregon
Credit for Military Experience
Undergraduate students may be eligible for academic credit for their military experience by submitting a Joint Services Transcript (Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy) or Community College of the Air Force transcript (Air Force and Space Force).
- Academic Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
- Student Health and Wellness
- Educational Debt Counseling and Financial Management
- For help finding other resources for veterans: Student CARE Program
News and Updates
posted Nov 11, 2022
This Veterans Day, Nov. 11, we would like to honor OHSU’s veterans and those currently serving by acknowledging their service. Take a moment to “meet” OHSU veterans in the attached booklet that features veterans with some mini interviews.
Post-9/11 GI Bill® Monthly Verification
posted Feb 2022
Beginning with Winter term 2022, if you are using your Post-9/11 GI Bill benefit at an Institution of higher Learning (IHL) facility, you are required to verify your enrollment at the end of each month to receive your Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) and/or kicker payments. For more information, visit the VA enrollment verification webpage.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.