Graduation refers to having your degree awarded. Convocation or Commencement is the ceremony to celebrate your achievement.
Applying to Graduate
To graduate from OHSU, you must submit an Application for Graduation online through Student Self-Service.
Please be aware of the following:
- The application fee is $60. The fee will be applied to your student account after you submit your application.
- Your graduation application is the only way we know when you will finish your degree requirements! If your plans change, complete this form to move your graduation application to a different term.
- Dual degree students earning their second degree (MD/MPH, MD/PhD) must apply using the dual degree graduation form
Application for Graduation Deadline
The deadline to apply for graduation for a given term is Friday of the fourth week of that term at midnight.
- You are encouraged to apply for graduation in advance of your final term: this deadline is the very last date on which you can apply
- If you have missed the deadline to apply for the current term, apply for the next available term and complete this form to move your application to the current term
- Spring and Summer grads: For your name to be listed in the Convocation program, you must apply to graduate by the Spring graduation deadline (April 28, 2023)
If your plans change, use this form to request to move your graduation application to a different term.
- If you don’t finish your requirements in the term you applied to graduate, please submit the form right away! Otherwise we may cancel your application and you will need to reapply and pay the fee again.
|Graduation Term||Application Deadline|
|Summer (August or September) 2022||July 22, 2022|
|Fall (December) 2022||October 21, 2022|
|Winter (March) 2023||February 3, 2023|
|Spring (June) 2023||April 28, 2023|
The 2023 Convocation ceremony will be held on Friday, June 9, 2023.
Live Stream Recordings from 2022
- School of Dentistry Hooding Ceremony
- School of Medicine – Doctor of Medicine hooding Ceremony
- School of Medicine – Graduate Studies Hooding & Completion Ceremony
- School of Nursing Hooding & Pinning Ceremony
- OHSU – PSU School of Public Health Hooding Ceremony
I just attended the graduation ceremony. How do I get my diploma?
The Convocation and Hooding ceremonies provide a joyful occasion for you to celebrate your achievement with your classmates, friends, and family. However these celebrations are primarily symbolic, and your degree has not yet been awarded at the time they occur. Only after all grades have been submitted and we have double-checked that you meet all requirements will your degree be awarded and your diploma printed. Your diploma will be mailed to you within 6-8 weeks after the end of the term. Diplomas are mailed to your primary address. We use the address on record on the last day of the term in which you're graduating. You can change your address in Student Self-Service. If you change your address before the last day of the term, your diploma will be mailed to the updated address. More information about diplomas can be found on our Diplomas page.
Convocation Participation Policy
You are welcome and invited to participate in the 2023 Convocation if you meet one of the following conditions:
- Your degree or certificate was awarded in Summer 2022 (August or September), Fall 2022 (December), or Winter 2023 (March).
- You will complete your degree or certificate requirements in Spring 2023 (June) have filed an Application for Graduation by the deadline (April 22, 2022), and have taken all school-specific steps for degree or certificate completion (dissertation defense scheduling, exam scheduling, etc.) by the graduation application deadline (April 28, 2023).
- You will complete your degree or certificate requirements in Summer 2023 (August or September).
- You are enrolled in the Medical Laboratory Science, Emergency Medical Services Management, Paramedic Education, or Doctor of Pharmacy program, will complete your degree requirements by September 30, 2023, and have filed a graduation application (if required) with the partner school by the appropriate deadline.
Hooding Participation Policy
Participation in the Hooding ceremonies is subject to school- and program-specific policies. Please contact your program for information.