The Online RN to BS degree program now offers year-round admissions. We are ready when you are; choose to start our fall, winter, spring, or summer term.
Join us for the next stage of your professional nursing career
Lifelong learning is an essential part of the nursing profession. OHSU’s fully Online RN to BS degree program is flexible, supportive and high-quality. We teach you the skills required to meet the complex health care needs of today’s patients.
Explore our program below, or jump to our other RN to BS pages:
Why choose OHSU ’s Online RN to BS degree program?
- 100% online. No on-site clinicals or scheduled meeting times
- Year-round enrollment options for fall, winter, spring and summer start dates
- Designed for working nurses. Full- and part-time options available; complete in as little as nine months or as long as five years
- 33 nursing credits for OCNE students, 39 nursing credits for traditional students
- Student-centered program, taught by award-winning nurse educators
- Innovative 100% online clinicals and learning activities
- Dual admission for RN to BS to Master's in Nursing Education option
- OHSU scholarships available
Next start date: April 1, 2024
Apply by: January 31, 2024
Delivery method: 100% online
Program options: Full/part-time
Program completion: as little as 9 months
Our RN to BS online program is flexible, supportive and high-quality
You will join recent nursing graduates and experienced licensed nurses in our virtual classroom. Students develop the skills necessary to make complex decisions that improve patient outcomes. We track industry trends and adapt to the rapidly changing health care environment. We provide you with the confidence and leadership expertise to deliver patient care in a range of settings and prepare you to address future challenges in health care.
Graduates from Oregon Consortium for Nursing Education (OCNE) partner schools
As an OCNE partner school graduate you can seamlessly transition with your associate's degree to the OHSU School of Nursing for your final year of nursing coursework to receive the Bachelor's of Science with a major in nursing degree.
Graduates from all other schools
OHSU welcomes all associate in nursing students or two-year RNs. Core nursing courses can be completed with 39 online credits in as little as 12 months and $13,197. Throughout this site, we refer to these students as "non-OCNE graduates".
- A competent nurse bases personal and professional actions on a set of shared core nursing values.
- A competent nurse uses reflection, self-analysis and self-care to develop insight.
- A competent nurse engages in intentional learning.
- A competent nurse demonstrates leadership in nursing and health care.
- A competent nurse collaborates as part of a health care team.
- A competent nurse is able to practice within, utilize, and contribute to all health care systems.
- A competent nurse practices relationship-centered care.
- A competent nurse communicates effectively.
- A competent nurse makes sound clinical judgments.
- A competent nurse, locates, evaluates and uses the best available evidence.
RN to BS courses are certified by Quality Matters, a national organization for hybrid and fully remote courses to meet rigorous standards for teaching and learning. Certified courses ensure alignment between objectives, assignments, and instructional materials as well as quality design in navigation and accessibility. QM certification serves as a commitment to creating and maintaining an environment of excellence and quality.