What Students are Saying
“The OHSU writing center has been a life saver for me. I started using the writing center since I began my college education because I am a ESL student and also because I like to have someone to look at my writing besides a colleague. With the OHSU writing center, I feel that my writing skills have been getting better thanks to the support I get from the writing tutors. I like the online part, the ability to interact with the tutors and be able to email assignments without having to meet face to face. Another thing I like is the feedback that the writing tutors provide, the feedback is very rich and helpful. I think that a huge part with sharing your writing with another person is the ability to have and feel trust with the person that is going to read your writing, because writing is very personal. I feel that with all the OHSU writing tutors that I have worked in the past, they have been amazing in building that trust and taking the time of getting to know the students they are working with, so students feel confident in sharing their writing.”
— Andrea Ruiz, OHSU SON Monmouth
The Office of Learning & Writing Support is a free service for OHSU nursing students and faculty. Our online resources are available to everyone; they offer helpful advice for writers and instructors on a variety of topics. The Office of Learning & Writing Support provides individual student help as well as group work with students on any aspect of academic content (such as Pathophysiology and Pharmacology coursework), writing, and research. Services include, but are not limited to:
- Free one-to-one writing assistance for any kind of writing and for any class.
- Individual content tutoring for Pharmacology and Pathophysiology courses.
- Free handouts and guidance on APA citations, rhetorical analysis, visual design, writing in the health sciences and more.
- Writing support for all students, including international students and non-native speakers.
- English conversation practice for any multilingual speakers affiliated with OHSU.
- Referrals for additional learning support, test-taking strategies, time management and goal-setting services at OHSU.
In-person, online and telephone consultations are available by appointment. Portland students: drop-ins are accepted on a first-come first-served basis. We are located in SON 307 (across from the student lounge).
** banner image taken from The Commons on Flickr under, Fredrik Rubensson photo.