Why choose the OHSU Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program?
In the OHSU School of Nursing’s accelerated program, you will find:
- A 15-month program of study.
- Top-quality clinical experiences in unique medical centers throughout Portland or Ashland.
- Education that will prepare you for the licensing exam. Our first-try pass rate is above the national percentile.
- Opportunities to further your education and transition directly into one of our graduate programs.
Earn your Bachelor of Science with a major in nursing degree in 15 months and transition directly to one of our doctoral programs. Dual admissions is offered in the following OHSU School of Nursing programs:
- Ph.D. in Nursing (Portland only)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.) program
- Family Nurse Practitioner (Portland and Ashland)
- Nurse-Midwifery (Portland)
- Psychiatric Mental Health (PMHNP) (Portland and Ashland)
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Portland)
Students in the accelerated Bachelor to D.N.P. or Ph.D. programs who complete the accelerated Bachelor of Science program of study continue in the graduate program for which they applied. Entrance into the D.N.P. or Ph.D. program begins immediately after completing the accelerated baccalaureate program.
- A competent nurse bases personal and professional actions on a set of shared core nursing values.
- A competent nurse uses reflection, self-analysis and self-care to develop insight.
- A competent nurse engages in intentional learning.
- A competent nurse demonstrates leadership in nursing and health care.
- A competent nurse collaborates as part of a health care team.
- A competent nurse is able to practice within, utilize, and contribute to all health care systems.
- A competent nurse practices relationship-centered care.
- A competent nurse communicates effectively.
- A competent nurse makes sound clinical judgments.
- A competent nurse, locates, evaluates and uses the best available evidence.