'We cannot permit the loss of any more lives by sitting idly by and simply hoping for change'
By Danny Jacobs, M.D., M.P.H., FACS, OHSU President
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Resource Books
- Bowen Matthew, D. (2015). Just medicine, a cure for racial inequality in American health care. New York: NYU Press
- Brown, J. (2019). How to be an Inclusive Leader. Berrett-Koehler Publishers.
- Diangelo, R. (2018). White fragility: Why it's so hard for white people to talk about racism. Boston: Beacon Press.
- Eberhardt, J.L. (2019). Biased: Uncovering the hidden prejudice that shapes what we see, think, or do. New York: Viking.
- Johnson, A. G. (2006). Privilege, power and difference, second edition. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Kendi, I.K. (2019). How to be an antiracist. New York: One World.
- Irving, Debby. (2014). Waking up white: and finding myself in the story of race. Chicago: Elephant Room Press.
- McGhee, H. (2021). The Sum of Us: What Racism Costs Everyone and How We Can Prosper Together. One World.
- Metzl, J.M. (2019). Dying of whiteness: How the politics of racial resentment is killing America's heartland. New York: Basic Books.
- Saad, L. F. (2020). Me and white supremacy: Combat racism, change the world, and become a good ancestor. Sourcebooks.
- Skloot, R. (2011). The immortal life of Henrietta Lacks. New York: Crown Publishers.
- Steele, C.M. (2010). Whistling Vivaldi: How stereotypes affect us and what we can do. New York: W.W. Norton & Co.
- Sue, D.W. (2015). Race talk and the conspiracy of silence: Understanding and facilitating difficult dialogues on race. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
- Tweedy, Damon. (2015). Black man in a white coat. New York: Picador.
- Washington, H. A. (2008). Medical Apartheid: The dark history of medical experimentation on Black Americans from colonial times to the present. New York: Harlem Moon.
- Wilkerson, I. (2020). Caste: The Origins of our Discontents. Random House.
- Williams, D. (2013). Strategic Diversity Leadership: Activating Change and Transformation in Higher Education. Stylus Publishing.
- White, A. (2011). Seeing patients: Unconscious bias in health care. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.