Emeritus is an honorary title for a retired faculty member, recognizing distinguished past service to the institution. It is conferred in writing by the provost upon the recommendation of the department chair and dean or free-standing research center or institute director. It may be given to a retired faculty member of any rank.
The award of emeritus status is a discretionary decision made by the provost. To be eligible for consideration, a faculty member must have provided distinguished service to the unit and OHSU. Faculty members must be retired from OHSU as defined by the Public Employment Retirement System (PERS) or University Pension Plan (UPP).
More information can be found in the Emeritus Policy 03-15-070
- Emeritus faculty can enter biographical data and contact information on OHSU's website.
- Log in to the profile application using your OHSU email address and password.
- Need help? Find instructional pages on how to log in and edit profile information(OHSU ID required)
- Volunteer opportunities for emeritus faculty are posted under each of units that sponsor the activity or program. For more information please visit Office of Visitors and Volunteers.
- As an emeritus faculty member you have full access to the OHSU Library and network of services, which you can access from any location.
- If you are having problems with your OHSU email account or reset your password, please call the ITG help desk at 503-494-2222.
Emeritus faculty information update form
Thank you for helping keep our records current and you informed about events and activities at OHSU. Please fill out the form to update your contact information, subscribe to communications or to notify us that you're not receiving information.