Locations and contactI see patients at
Address700 S.W. Campus DrivePortland, Oregon 97239
Dr. Ashok Muralidaran is an Associate Professor of Surgery and Pediatrics in the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery in the OHSU School of Medicine. He is the Section Chief of Pediatric and Congenital Cardiac Surgery at Doernbecher Children's Hospital.
Dr. Muralidaran specializes in surgery on children and adults with congenital heart disease. He also performs research on patient outcomes after congenital cardiac surgery.
Dr. Muralidaran earned his medical degree from Madras Medical College in India. He completed his residency in general surgery at Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. He completed research fellowships at the Fetal Care Research Foundation in Chennai, India; in hepatobiliary surgery at the University of Southern California; and in pediatric cardiothoracic surgery at Stanford University. He also completed fellowships in thoracic surgery at the Yale University/Yale New Haven Medical Center and in pediatric and congenital cardiac surgery at Stanford University.
When he's not working, Dr. Muralidaran enjoys spending time with his son, daughter and wife. He loves to read books, hike, work out and play squash.
Education and training
- M.B.B.S., 1999, Madras Medical College
- General Surgery, Government General Hospital, Chennai, India, 2001
- General Surgery, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, 2009
- Research Fellowship, Fetal Care Research Foundation, Chennai, India, 2002
- Research Fellowship, Division of Hepatobiliary Surgery, University of Southern California, 2003
- Research Fellowship in Cardiothoracic Surgery, Division of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Stanford University, CA, 2006
- Thoracic Surgery, Yale University/Yale New-Haven Medical Center, New Haven, CT, 2011
- Pediatric and Congenital Cardiac Surgery, Stanford University, CA, 2013
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery, 2012
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery, Subspecialty: Congenital Cardiac Surgery, 2014
Memberships and associations:
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.