Patient Relations staff are committed to providing patient advocacy, complaint management, crisis intervention and ethics consultation in a non-judgmental, non-defensive, harassment-free manner.
We are committed to core ethical values of...
- Service excellence
- Patient autonomy
- Cultural understanding
- Spiritual comfort
- Patient and family centered care
- Justice and integrity
Patients should be able to be treated by providers who can meet their diverse needs – providers who share a common bond, whether ethnic background, language, religion, or culture.
Further, we are committed to providing consumer access to healthcare information and resources, within a nurturing and safe environment of care.
- Provide a centralized mechanism for addressing patient concerns,
- complaints and grievances.
- Act as liaison between patients and medical providers.
- Provide access to resources for individual needs and questions.
- Personalize and humanize the healthcare experience.
- Explain OHSU Policies, procedures and services.
- Answer requests for medical ethics consultation.
- Provide access to information regarding sensitive healthcare questions