Please call your doctor's office or the clinic as far in advance as possible to schedule your appointments. This will make it easier to choose times that are most convenient for you. To find a clinic phone number, use our find a doctor tool to search for doctors by specialty.
Be sure to register after you have scheduled your first appointment. Registration helps each clinic correctly identify you and your medical information and entails collecting basic information from you and creating your medical record.
Registration (before first appointment only):
- For a clinic appointment, call 503-494-8505
- For a hospital stay, call 503-494-8927
If your health plan restricts the clinics or providers you can use, be sure your plan has approved the healthcare you are requesting. This will help you avoid unexpected fees.
Information you will need when making an appointment
Clinics need information to identify you, to locate your medical record and to reserve the appropriate amount of time for your appointment. We will ask you for the following information:
- Your name
- Your date of birth or Social Security number (this helps ensure that your medical information is not confused with someone who has a similar name)
- Reason for the appointment (be as specific as possible so that we can reserve the right amount of time for your visit)
- Whether you want a particular doctor/healthcare provider, or the first available appointment
Preparing for your appointment
Although we will make most of the preparations for your appointment, there are a few things you must do:
- Insurance/Medicaid/Medicare card: Please bring your insurance, Medicaid or Medicare card with you to your appointments. We will verify your coverage, so we can process your bill correctly.
- Co-payment or prepayment: If your health plan has a co-payment or you have a pre-payment requirement, please bring your payment with you. We accept cash, personal checks, VISA debit cards, American Express, Discover, Mastercard and VISA.
- Medications list: Please bring a list of your current prescriptions, over-the-counter drugs, vitamins or supplements, as well as a list of known drug allergies.
- Medical records and x-rays: If you are being referred to an OHSU specialist from a non-OHSU clinic or doctor, please arrange for them to send your medical records and appropriate x-rays to us. For additional information, call medical correspondence at 503-494-8521.
- Notes about your health concerns: Some patients find it helpful to write a few notes about the symptoms they are experiencing and any other health concerns
Canceling an appointment
If you cannot keep your appointment, please call your doctor's office or clinic as soon as possible, or no later than the day before. We realize that sometimes emergencies come up and your plans may change. However, giving us as much notice as possible helps us better serve you and our other patients. When you call, we will help you reschedule for another day and time.