Your health care is our priority. You are why we are here.
At OHSU, we provide patient- and family-centered care. That means:
- We know who you are and care about you as a unique individual.
- We attend to your physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
- We acknowledge that we are guests in your life.
- We earn your trust and become your partner.
As an OHSU patient, you have several rights, including the right to respect, privacy and dignity.
As an OHSU patient, you and your visitors also have responsibilities, such as the responsibility to be considerate and respectful of others.
Concerns, compliments and suggestions
Do you have concerns about your care or your safety while at OHSU?
Please talk with us about your concerns, pass along compliments and suggest ways we can improve. If you are concerned or upset about your visit, we would like you to talk with the manager of the service before you leave. He or she often can solve the problem or clear up a misunderstanding. If you still have a concern after talking with the manager, please contact OHSU Patient Relations by phone, mail or fax.
OHSU Patient Relations, OHSU Hospital
3181 S.W. Sam Jackson Park Road, Mail code UHS-3
Portland, OR 97239-3098
If we still have not addressed your concern, the following resources are also available to assist you:
- Oregon Health Authority, Health Care Regulation and Quality Improvement
800 N.E. Oregon Street, Suite 305
Portland, OR 97232
- DNV-GL Healthcare
400 Techne Center Drive, Suite 100
Milford, OH 45150
- State Quality Improvement Org., Acumentra Health
2020 S.W. Fourth Avenue, Suite 520
Portland, OR 97201
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Office for Civil Rights
200 Independence Avenue S.W., Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201