Locations and contactI see patients at
"Crohn’s and colitis affect everyone differently and there’s no ‘one size fits all’ approach to these conditions. I enjoy getting to know my patients in order to treat the whole person."
Dr. Sofia was inspired to care for people with inflammatory bowel disease by the family of a young child with colitis he met while in medical school. He went on to complete his training with a special focus on Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. Dr. Sofia is passionate about forming personal connections with the people he meets in clinic, and he believes that shared decision making is essential to providing safe and effective treatment options.
Dr. Sofia enjoys spending time with his family in the beautiful parks around town, honing his novice gardening skills, and reading a diverse range of authors.
Education and training
- M.D., 2012, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
- Internal Medicine, University of Chicago Medicine, 2015
- Gastroenterology, University of Chicago Medicine, 2018
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Internal Medicine, 2015
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Gastroenterology, 2018
Memberships and associations:
- Crohn's and Colitis Foundation
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American College of Gastroenterology
- OHSU Member
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.