The OHSU Knight Cancer Institute provides compassionate, state-of-the-art care for reproductive cancers. Your care team will work with you on a personalized treatment plan for the best possible outcome. We offer:
- Team-based care with world-class providers
- Leading treatments such as HIPEC surgery, robotic surgery and brachytherapy.
- Advanced genetic testing and targeted therapy
- Access to clinical trials and research discoveries
- Fertility and sexual health specialists
- A full slate of support services, including complementary medicine
What makes us different
National recognition: We’ve earned the National Cancer Institute’s top designation for leadership in research. We’re consistently ranked among the best cancer hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Expert diagnosis: Gynecologic cancers can be difficult to detect, but they are highly treatable if caught early. We use the latest techniques to pinpoint your cancer.
Precision treatment: We'll tailor your treatment based on your specific type of cancer, your genetic makeup, and your needs.
Top minds together
Our specialists work together to provide advanced care for all types of gynecologic cancer. They include:
- Doctors with expertise in the newest medications and radiation therapy.
- Surgeons who use the latest robotic and minimally invasive techniques.
- Researchers with access to the latest discoveries and clinical trials.
Tumor board meetings: The team meets every week to share their expertise and to discuss each patient one by one. They review scans and test results, then develop treatment recommendations together. This ensures that every option and clinical trial can be considered for you. Your care team may include:
- Gynecologic oncologists, who focus on reproductive cancers
- Radiation oncologists, who treat cancer with radiation therapy
- Genetic counselors
- Fertility specialists
- Sexual health experts
- Physician assistants and nurses
The latest technology
Our state-of-the-art technology includes:
- Precision robotic surgery using the da Vinci Surgical Robot for smaller incisions, less pain and quicker recovery times.
- HIPEC surgery, an innovative combination of surgery and chemotherapy that can provide benefits if your cancer has spread.
- Advanced scanning technology, including a PET/MRI scanner, for better diagnosis and imaging.
- Advanced genetic testing to guide your treatment.
We support you through every phase of your care. We offer you:
- Fertility specialists with expertise in cancer care.
- Survivorship services to help you adjust to life after treatment.
- Woman to Woman program, pairing patients with survivors for one-on-one support.
- A sexual health program for women affected by cancer.
- Social workers to help with emotional, financial and other issues.
Visit our Patient and Family Resources page to find links to all our support services.
Clinical trials and research
Our doctors are leading researchers whose breakthroughs are shaping cancer care in our clinic and across the country. Our research and innovations include:
- Clinical trials: Our doctors are studying several new therapies and approaches to gynecologic cancers. Your care team will talk with you about whether a clinical trial is right for you.
- Targeted and immune therapies: Our team is at the leading edge of combining targeted medications that stop cancer cells with a broader approach using the immune system.
- DNA repair: We're working to identify more genetic mutations in ovarian cancer patients who could benefit from new treatments that help repair damaged DNA.
- Early detection: We're investigating DNA released by tumors into the blood to help detect the cancer early. Our Cancer Early Detection Advanced Research Center is devoted to finding cancers earlier.
- Native American women’s health: A study of women’s health in Native American communities aims to prevent gynecologic cancer in Pacific Northwest tribes.
- Ovarian Cancer Registry: We're home to a collection of data plus blood and tissue samples from more than 500 women for research. Voluntary participants help scientists make discoveries. Participants also receive updates on the latest advances. Learn more about this and other cancer registries, including how to join.
Call 503-494-7999 to:
- Request an appointment
- Seek a second opinion
- Ask questions
Center for Health & Healing, Building 2
3485 S. Bond Ave.
Portland, OR 97239
Free parking for patients and visitors
News: Read about research breakthroughs, patient care and many other topics on our OHSU News site.