Robert G. Hendrickson, M.D.
Not currently accepting patients
- Professor, Director, Emergency Medicine Toxicology Fellowship, Associate Medical Director, Oregon Poison Center,
- Professor of Emergency Medicine, School of Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Emergency Care
Locations and contactI see patients at
OHSU and Doernbecher Emergency Room
Address3181 SW Sam Jackson Park RdPortland, Oregon 97239
Dr. Hendrickson joined the Department of Emergency Medicine in 2002. He is currently the Program Director for the fellowship in medical toxicology at OHSU as well as the Medical Director for OHSU's Emergency Management Program. Dr. Hendrickson's research interests are in the fields of illicit drug use, methamphetamine, disaster preparedness, and acetaminophen. He has twice been awarded the Society of Academic Emergency Medicine's Most Newsworthy Abstracts for his work on methamphetamine-related Emergency Department visits. Dr. Hendrickson can be spotted running, cycling, and mountain biking in the greater Portland area.
Education and training
- M.D., 1997, State University of New York Health Science Center
- Emergency medicine, MCP/Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, PA
- Medical toxicology, MCP/Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, PA
- Emergency medicine, medical toxicology
Memberships and associations:
- Medical toxicology
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.