Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.
Dr. Robert DuBose is an assistant professor of surgery in the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery in the OHSU School of Medicine.
Dr. DuBose has special expertise in complex coronary revascularization and minimally invasive surgery to repair or replace the mitral and aortic valves in the heart. He also specializes in surgery of the aortic valve.
He earned his M.D. degree from the University of North Caroline School of Medicine. He completed his residency in general surgery at the University of Washington and a fellowship in thoracic surgery at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tenn.
When he is not working, Dr. DuBose enjoys photography, fly-fishing, hunting, golfing and spending time with his family.
- B.S., 1993, Davidson College
- M.D., 1999, University of North Carolina School of Medicine
- General Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 2004
- Thoracic Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, 2007
- American Board of Surgery, 2005
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery, 2008
Memberships and associations
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Network
- The Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons