Matthew Wood earned his MD and a PhD in pharmacology and toxicology at Dartmouth Medical School in Hanover, New Hampshire. His graduate work with Dr. Yolanda Sanchez involved modeling the genetic defect of neurofibromatosis type 1 in budding yeast in order to create a novel drug screening platform. He then completed his residency in anatomic pathology and neuropathology fellowship at University of California, San Francisco, where he developed an interest in the molecular classification of brain tumors. He continued as a postdoctoral research fellow at the UCSF Brain Tumor Research Center, working with Dr. Russ Pieper, as part of an NIH-funded training program in translational brain tumor research.
Dr. Wood's research interests are in advancing molecular diagnostic approaches to brain tumors. He provides neuropathology support for collaborations with neurosurgery and pediatric neurology.
- B.S., 2002, Carnegie Mellon University
- M.D., Ph.D., 2012, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
- Pathology Resident, University of California San Francisco, 2012-2014
- Neuropathology Fellow, University of California San Francisco, 2014-2016
- Anatomic Pathology (ABP), 2016
- Neuropathology (ABP), 2016