Dr. Matthew Koopmann is a vascular surgeon and associate professor of surgery in the Division of Vascular Surgery in the OHSU School of Medicine. He sees patients only at the Portland VA Medical Center.
Dr. Koopmann earned his M.D. degree from the Ohio State University School of Medicine and completed his residency in general surgery at the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics. He also completed a fellowship at the University of Wisconsin Department of Nutritional Sciences and a fellowship in vascular surgery at Washington University in St. Louis.
Education and training
- B.S., 1999, University of Michigan
- M.D., 2005, The Ohio State University College of Medicine
- General Surgery, University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics, Madison, WI, 2012
- Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Wisconsin Department of Nutritional Sciences, Madison, WI, 2009
- Vascular Surgery, Washington University, St. Louis, MO, 2014
- American Board of Surgery, Vascular Surgery, 2015
- American Board of Surgery, 2014
Memberships and associations:
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of Vascular Surgeons
- Association of VA Surgeons
- Society of Vascular Ultrasound
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.