Locations and contactI see patients at
Liz Portelance is an adult-gerontology acute care nurse practitioner in the Department of Neurological Surgery and works on the skull-base tumor team. Although nurse practitioners—one type of advanced practice provider—are able to practice medicine without direct supervision of a physician, in the Neurological Surgery department they work in tandem with other members of the highly-trained health care team to provide surgical services for patients. Liz works directly with the skull-base neurosurgeons to manage care of the team’s surgical patients.
Liz is an avid gardener, loves spending time outdoors enjoying the Pacific Northwest, and never tires of the amazing view from the OHSU tram.
Education and training
- B.S., 1997, University of Miami
- M.S., 2011, University of Georgia
- M.S.N., 2014, Vanderbilt University
- Registered Dietitian, Commission on Dietetic Registration, 2012
- Registered Nurse, American Nurses Credentialing Center, 2013
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, American Association of Nurse Practitioners, 2014
Memberships and associations:
- Society for Critical Care Medicine
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- American Nurses Association
- Oregon Nurses Association
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.