I see patients at
Address700 S.W. Campus DrivePortland, Oregon 97239
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.
Kenneth Scott Azarow joined the Doernbecher surgical team in 2013 after five years in Omaha, Nebraska following a distinguished 25 year career in the United States Army. His first assignment after his pediatric surgery fellowship was to Madigan Army Medical Center. His progression at Madigan has taken him to the positions of director of the General Surgery Residency Training Program and chief of the Department of Surgery which he held at the time of his retirement from the Army. While in Omaha he developed and initiated the Pediatric Surgery Training Program at the University of Nebraska. His entire professional career has been dedicated to training surgeons so that they can take care of the next generation of children.
Dr. Azarow and his wife are very proud of their three daughters who have successfully navigated growing up in both a military and a medical family. The family is an avid animal-loving group.
- B.S., 1981, Franklin & Marshall College
- M.A., 1983, Hahnemann University
- M.D., 1987, F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, D.C., 1992
- Pediatric surgery fellowship, The Hospital for Sick Children, Universtiy of Toronto, Canada, 1996
- American Board of Surgery: surgery, 1993, (most recent recertification 2010)
Memberships and associations
- Surgical Association American Academy of Pediatrics (surgical section)