I see patients at
Address700 S.W. Campus DrivePortland, Oregon 97239
Kenneth Scott Azarow joined the Doernbecher surgical team in 2013 after five years in Omaha, Nebraska following a distinguished 25 year career in the United States Army. His first assignment after his pediatric surgery fellowship was to Madigan Army Medical Center. His progression at Madigan has taken him to the positions of director of the General Surgery Residency Training Program and chief of the Department of Surgery which he held at the time of his retirement from the Army. While in Omaha he developed and initiated the Pediatric Surgery Training Program at the University of Nebraska. His entire professional career has been dedicated to training surgeons so that they can take care of the next generation of children.
Dr. Azarow and his wife are very proud of their three daughters who have successfully navigated growing up in both a military and a medical family. The family is an avid animal-loving group.
- B.S., 1981, Franklin & Marshall College
- M.A., 1983, Hahnemann University
- M.D., 1987, F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, D.C., 1992
- Pediatric surgery fellowship, The Hospital for Sick Children, Universtiy of Toronto, Canada, 1996
- American Board of Surgery: surgery, 1993, (most recent recertification 2010)
Memberships and associations
- Surgical Association American Academy of Pediatrics (surgical section)