Locations and contactI see patients at
OHSU Doernbecher Children's Hospital, Marquam Hill
Address700 S.W. Campus DrivePortland, Oregon 97239
Dr. Cathleen “Kate” Turnage (she/her) is an assistant professor of pediatrics at Doernbecher Children’s Hospital. She is a pediatric psychologist who works primarily within the Child and Adolescent Headache Program and the Pediatric Pain Management Center at OHSU. Dr. Turnage specializes in providing psychotherapy (specifically cognitive behavior therapy, or CBT) to children and adolescents with chronic pain conditions, with a specialization in working with individuals with headache disorders. Together with the neurology team, Dr. Turnage helps kids learn to manage and cope with headache and chronic pain. She is also passionate about research and teaching.
Dr. Turnage is originally from Miami, Florida, so she enjoys spending time at the beach. In her time away from work, Dr. Turnage enjoys live music, cooking and gardening. She loves going to local farmers markets and exploring the outdoors with her husband and two small children.
Education and training
- B.A., 2012, University of Colorado
- M.A., 2016, Pacific University
- Psy.D., 2019, Pacific University
- Health Service Psychology, Harvard Medical School/Boston Children’s Hospital, Boston, MA, 2019
- Pediatric Psychology, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2021
- Pediatric Behavioral Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL, 2020
Memberships and associations:
- American Psychological Association
- Society of Pediatric Psychology
- American Headache Society
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.