I see patients at
Address3485 S. Bond AvenuePortland, Oregon 97239
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.
Dr. Tonneson is a surgeon who specializes in benign and malignant breast disease. After completing residency, she served on active duty in the U.S. Air Force as a general surgeon and was stationed in the U.S. and overseas. She then decided to go back to fellowship to pursue her true passion and specialize in breast surgical oncology. She enjoys taking care of her patients and guiding them through their cancer diagnoses with the ultimate goal of getting them back to doing the things that they love.
In her spare time, Dr. Tonneson enjoys being outdoors and spending time in nature. She especially likes hiking with her dog, Chase, who has been with her since residency. Other hobbies include landscape photography and sports of any kind. She loves traveling and experiencing new cultures and is excited to see what life in the Pacific Northwest brings.
- B.A., 2006, Dartmouth College
- M.D., 2011, Dartmouth Medical School
- General Surgery Residency, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH, 2016
- Breast Surgical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, 2021
- Board Certification in General Surgery, American Board of Surgery (ABS)
- Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
Memberships and associations
- American Society of Breast Surgeons (ASBrS), Member
- Society of Surgical Oncology (SSO), Candidate Member
- American College of Surgeons (ACS), Fellow
- Excelsior Surgical Society
- OHSU Member