I see patients at
Address3270 SW Pavilion LoopPortland, Oregon 97239
Dr. Scott received a B.A. in psychology from Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, in 1993, and a medical degree from Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois, in 1997. In 2003, Dr. David Scott completed his residency and post-doctoral training, as well as a specialty fellowship in surgery research, at The University of Iowa College of Medicine. Following his residency, he completed a specialty fellowship in transplant surgery at the University of Wisconsin, Division of Organ Transplantation in Madison, Wisconsin, from 2003 – 2005.
Dr. Scott joined the Department of Surgery faculty at Oregon Health & Science University in July 2005, and is currently clinical associate professor of surgery in the Department of Abdominal Transplantation. In addition, Dr. Scott holds an appointment as assistant professor of surgery in the Division of Urology. In July of 2009, Dr. David Scott became the director of kidney transplant at Oregon Health & Science University, Department of Abdominal Transplant.
In addition to his busy clinical practice and academic appointments, Dr. Scott is actively involved in outside organizations. In August of 2008, Dr. Scott was appointed medical director of the Pacific Northwest Transplant Bank in Portland, Oregon and is a member of the board of directors. In 2009, he was asked to represent the Northwest Region on the United Network of Organ Sharing Pancreas Committee. Dr. Scott is a member of the American Medical Association, American College of Surgeons, American Society of Transplantation, American Society of Transplant Surgeons, and the Donation and Transplantation Action Council.
- B.A., 1993, Indiana University
- M.D., 1997, Northwestern University Medical School
- General surgery, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA, 1997-2003
- Transplant surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, 2003-2005
- Surgery research, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA, 1999-2000
- American Board of Surgery, 2003, 2011
Memberships and associations
- American Medical Association
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Transplantation
- American Society of Transplant Surgeons
- Pacific Coast Surgical Society