Locations and contactI see patients at
Dr. Alison Edelman is an obstetrician and gynecologist with specialty training in complex family planning. Her interests include family planning, contraception, adolescent gynecology, and international reproductive health care and development. Dr. Edelman enjoys the diversity of her work which includes clinical care, research, teaching, and international service. Dr. Edelman and her research team have recently received several significant research grants which has limited her clinical availability until at least 2025.
Dr. Edelman grew up in the Willamette Valley and completed all her medical training in the Pacific Northwest. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling and finding the best dumplings to eat, reading, watching movies and knitting. Her active pursuits include cycling.
Women's heath philosophy:
"Life isn’t one-size-fits all and neither is health care, I enjoy partnering with my patients to provide the most up to date care that’s right for them.”
Education and training
- M.D., 1997, Oregon Health and Science University School of Medicine
- M.P.H., 2003, University of Washington
- Obstetrics and gynecology, Oregon Health & Science University, 2001
- Complex Family Planning, Oregon Health & Science University, 2003
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2004
Memberships and associations:
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
- Society of Family Planning
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.