Dr. Alexandra Bolognese joined the OHSU team in 2022. She specializes in liver, kidney, and pancreas transplantation. She was inspired to pursue a career in transplant surgery after witnessing the dramatic way in which organ donation impacts the lives of transplant recipients, donors, and their families. She is interested in raising public awareness for organ donation, maximizing organ utilization, expanding access to transplant services, and mentoring medical students and residents.
Outside of the hospital, Dr. Bolognese enjoys yoga, ballet, and exploring the Pacific Northwest with her husband, James.
Education and training
- B.A., 2007, Columbia University
- M.D., 2012, University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School
- Ph.D., 2018, Elmezzi Graduate School of Molecular Medicine
- General Surgery, Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell, Hempstead, New York, 2020
- Abdominal Transplant Surgery, University of Wisconsin, 2022
- American Board of Surgery, 2020
Memberships and associations:
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Transplant Surgeons
- American Society of Transplantation
- Association for Academic Surgery
- Association of Women Surgeons
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.