Locations and contactI see patients at
Address3270 SW Pavilion LoopPortland, Oregon 97239
Dr. Barker currently serves as the medical director of the Pulmonary Function Laboratory at OHSU. His special interests are in COPD, bronchiectasis, lymphangioleiomyomatosis, and alpha-one antitrypsin deficiency research, in which he is currently overseeing clinical trials. He received his medical degree in 1970 from the University of Missouri in Columbia. He completed his Internal Medicine residency at the University of Washington in Seattle, and his Pulmonary Medicine fellowship at the University of California in San Diego.
Education and training
- B.A., 1966, Carleton College
- Internal Medicine,University of Washington, Seattle, 1973Chief Resident, University of Washington Affilitated Hospitals, 1974
- Pulmonary Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 1976
- Internal Medicine, 1973; Pulmonary Medicine, 1976; Critical Care Medicine, 1989 (Recertification in 1999)
Memberships and associations:
- American Thoracic Society 1974-Fellow, American College of Chest Physicians 1976-Oregon Thoracic Society 1976 (president 1982-83)
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.