Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.
Dr. Ryan Schenning specializes in minimally-invasive image-guided interventions, and has particular interest in aortic interventions, peripheral vascular disease, interventional oncology, hepatobiliary interventions, and treatment of the sequelae of portal hypertension.
Originally from Wisconsin, Dr. Schenning earned an A.B. in Biology from Harvard University prior to returning to the Midwest for medical school at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health. He came to OHSU for post-graduate training in diagnostic radiology and interventional radiology, and he is pleased to now be an OHSU School of Medicine faculty member.
Dr. Schenning’s research interests include prognostication of outcomes after transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS) creation in liver failure patients, outcomes of endovascular aortic aneurysm and dissection repair, and peripheral vascular interventions.
In his free time, Dr. Schenning enjoys playing music, scuba diving on the Oregon Coast, fishing, ski mountaineering, and spending time with his wife and son.
- M.D., 2009, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
- Internship: Transitional Year Internship, Legacy Emanuel Hospital, Portland, Ore., 2010
- Residency: Diagnostic Radiology, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, Ore., 2014
- Fellowship: Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Dotter Interventional Institute, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, Ore., 2015
- Certifications: Board Eligible, American Board of Radiology
- Board Certified: American Board of Radiology - Certificate in Diagnostic Radiology
- Board Certified: American Board of Radiology - Certificate in Interventional Radiology/Diagnostic Radiology
Memberships and associations
- American College of Radiology