Special focus on
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- M.D., Harvard Medical School, 0 0 1979
- University Hospitals of Cleveland, 1981
- Immunology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, 1985
- American Board of Internal Medicine (internal medicine), 1982
Dr. Maziarz specializes in treating bone marrow transplantation and blood cancers. His research interests cover how the immune system recovers after a bone marrow transplant and how the immune system works to fight cancer. Dr. Maziarz sees patients with leukemia, lymphoma and graft vs. host disease and patients who are being treated with immune system therapies.
Memberships and associations
- American Society of Hematology
The following clinical trials are currently accepting new participants:
- A Phase II Controlled Trial of a Single ProHema-CB unit (Ex Vivo CXCR4-Upregulated CD34+ Hematopoietic Progenitor Cells, Cord Blood) As Part of a Double Umbilical Cord Blood Transplant Following Myeloablative Conditioning For Patients Age 15-55 Years With Hematologic Malignancies
- A Randomized, Prospective, Double Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Phase 3 Study Of US- ATG-F Prophylaxis as a Supplement to Standard of Care Prophylaxis to Prevent Moderate to Severe Chronic GVHD in Adult Acute Myeloid Leukemia, Acute Lymphoid Leukemia, and Myelodysplastic Syndrome Patients after Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation from Unrelated Donors (IV-ATG-SCT-01)
- A Phase II Non-Myeloablative Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant for the Treatment of Patients with Hematologic Malignancies Using Busulfan, Fludarabine, and Total Body Irradiation
- Phase II Study of Reduced-Intensity Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplant for High-Risk Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL)
- A Phase II, Randomized Trial of Standard of Care with or without Midostaurin to Prevent Relapse Following Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation in Patients with FLT3-ITD Mutated Acute Myeloid Leukemia
4.9 out of 5 (236 Ratings, 12 Comments)
The patient ratings score is an average of all responses to physician related questions on our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey
- Friendliness/courtesy 4.9
- Likelihood of recommending to others 4.9
- Explanations about your problem/condition 4.9
- Concern shown for your questions/worries 4.9
- Effort made to include you in treatment decisions 4.9
- Used words you could understand 4.8
- Amount of time spent with you 4.9
- Your confidence in care provider 4.9
- Sep 28, 2017
Dr. Maziarz is excellent and I'd prefer to remain a patient of his.
- Sep 20, 2017
Dr. Maziarz is a Saint and a God send!!! He is so amazing, the time he spends with patients and the time he spends after hours is just incredible! I am alive 20 years after my bone marrow transplant and doing fine. Thank You Dr. Maziarz and staff through the years God Bless
- May 22, 2017
It is good to feel confident when you place your life in someone's hands!
- Apr 12, 2017
Please note that this is my Multiple Myeloma specialist, not my PCP or my local Oncologist. This was a two year post bone marrow transplant check. Dr. Maziarz is the doctor I've seen at OHSU pre, during, and post transplant, however only annually now.
- Apr 12, 2017
Dr. Maziarz has seen me through my stem cell transplant with a positive attitude, extreme knowledge and it has been successful. I couldn't have asked for better.
- Mar 01, 2017
Dr. Maziarz is the BEST!!!!!!!
- Jan 26, 2017
Dr Mazierz explains things very well, and always wants to know my input
- Jan 25, 2017
We have been at this for years. I am also a retired bio-based researcher; the conversations are as simple or complex as the situation warrants.
- Jan 18, 2017
This was my first visit with this doctor. He was friendly and kind and had good experience to discuss available options. He also spoke in simple language so that we could understand. We are looking forward to working with him.
- Sep 29, 2016
He was excellent and spent much time discussing problem, possible treatment. side-effects and options.
- Aug 31, 2016
This Doctor totally knows his stuff!
- Jul 28, 2016
He is a specialist that requires another providers referral.