I see patients at
Address3161 SW Pavilion LoopPortland, Oregon 97239
Dr. Peter Schulman practices both anesthesiology and critical care medicine. He previously served as the medical director of the Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU), and chief of the Division of Cardiac and Surgical Subspecialty Critical Care. He started and directs a perioperative pacemaker and implantable cardioverter-defibrillator service. His research focuses on perioperative cardiovascular risk reduction; a principle interest is patients with a cardiac pacemaker or Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator.
Selected Publications: https://ohsu.pure.elsevier.com/en/persons/peter-schulman
Education and training
- B.A., 1993, Bates College
- M.D., 2000, University of Vermont College of Medicine
- Anesthesiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY
- Critical Care Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY
- Specialty Certification in Anesthesiology, American Board of Anesthesiology, 2006
- Subspecialty Certification in Critical Care Medicine, American Board of Anesthesiology, 2007
- Certified Cardiac Device Specialist, International Board of Heart Rhythm Examiners, 2012
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.