It takes a lot of courage and strength to seek mental health care. I strive to honor and maintain the trust you place in me as we build a therapeutic relationship. I appreciate individuals as unique, and believe that understanding one’s capacity for creativity, humor, resilience and hope is an important part of the healing process. Emphasis is always placed on optimizing sleep, healthy habits and relationships inside and outside of the home. Medications are powerful and we will work together to ensure they are necessary and used with caution. Should it be appropriate, I may work with individuals to safely taper off medications. As mental and physical health are intimately connected, with your permission, I will collaborate with your other health care providers. Ultimately, my goal is to understand what recovery means to you so I may partner with you on your journey towards better health.
- M.D., 2009, University of Texas Medical Branch Galveston
- General adult psychiatry, Oregon Health & Science University, 2013.
- Geriatric psychiatry, Oregon Health & Science University, 2014
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, psychiatry, 2013
Memberships and associations
- American Psychiatric Association