I see patients at
Address3181 SW Sam Jackson Park RdPortland, Oregon 97239Enter an address to be localized.
Dr. Mitch Sally is an Associate Professor of Surgery with the Division of Trauma, Critical Care and Acute Care Surgery at OHSU. He also serves as Section Chief of Surgical Critical Care with the VA Portland Health Care System.
Dr. Sally is active in research with a focus on the critical care of a potential organ donor, which combines surgical critical care and transplantation disciplines, transfusion practices, and the treatment of SARS-COV-2. He is interested in both clinical outcomes from practices caring for the potential organ donor, and also the scientific background behind inflammation in these donors. For SARS-COV-2 treatment, my areas of research have focused on treatment, involving transfusion of convalescent plasma and drug development. Dr. Sally also has a strong interest in management of the airway in critical illness.
- M.D., 2004, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- General surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2004-2011
- Trauma and Critical Care Surgery, Department of Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, 2012-2013
- American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Surgery, Critical Care Surgery
Memberships and associations
- Eastern Association for Surgery of Trauma
- American Society for Transplantation
- North Pacific Surgical Society
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- Portland Surgical Society
- Pacific Coast Surgical Association
- American Association for the Surgery of Trauma
- Western Surgical Association
- American Medical Association