Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.
Jim Anderson, MD joined the faculty in July of 2001.
Dr Anderson spent his training in the midwest, primarily in Nebraska and Kansas. After spending several years working as a Locum Tenens radiologist for solo and group radiology practices in Kansas. He took time out in 1998 to spend four months working as a Locum Tenens in Timaru, New Zealand.
Dr Anderson then completed a fellowship in neuroradiology at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville. He stayed on at Vanderbilt as an Assistant Professor of Neuroradiology. During that time he developed a strong interest in Resident education and came to OHSU to contribute to building a strong Radiology training program.
Actively involved in national organizations, he served on the ACGME Radiology Review Committee from 2012-2020 with 5 of those years as Chair of the committee. He is now a member of the executive board of the Association of Program Directors in Radiology (APDR).
Dr Anderson currently serves as the Vice-Chair of Radiology Education and is Assistant Dean for GME-Statewide at OHSU. He is a member of the American College of Radiology, the Radiological Society of North America, the American Roentgen Ray Society, the American Society of Neuroradiology and the Western Neuroradiological Society.
- M.D., 1990, University of Nebraska School of Medicine
- University of Nebraska Medical Center, Internal Medicine Preliminary, Omaha, NE 1991
- University of Kansas - Wesley Medical Center, Diagnostic Radiology Residency, Wichita, KS, 1995
- Vanderbilt University, Neuroradiology Fellowship, Nashville, TN, 2000
- Diplomat of the National Board of Medical Examiners
- American Board of Radiology - Diagnostic Radiology
- ABR Certificate of Added Qualification - Neuroradiology