Jim Anderson, MD joined the faculty in July of 2001.
Dr Anderson spent his training in the midwest, primarily in Nebraska and Kansas. After spending several years working as a Locum Tenens radiologist for solo and group radiology practices in Kansas. He took time out in 1998 to spend four months working as a Locum Tenens in Timaru, New Zealand.
Dr Anderson then completed a fellowship in neuroradiology at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville. He stayed on at Vanderbilt as an Assistant Professor of Neuroradiology. During that time he developed a strong interest in Resident education and came to OHSU to contribute to building a strong Radiology training program.
Actively involved in national organizations, he served on the ACGME Radiology Review Committee from 2012-2020 with 5 of those years as Chair of the committee. He is now a member of the executive board of the Association of Program Directors in Radiology (APDR).
Dr Anderson currently serves as the Vice-Chair of Radiology Education and is Assistant Dean for GME-Statewide at OHSU. He is a member of the American College of Radiology, the Radiological Society of North America, the American Roentgen Ray Society, the American Society of Neuroradiology and the Western Neuroradiological Society.
- M.D., 1990, University of Nebraska School of Medicine
- University of Nebraska Medical Center, Internal Medicine Preliminary, Omaha, NE 1991
- University of Kansas - Wesley Medical Center, Diagnostic Radiology Residency, Wichita, KS, 1995
- Vanderbilt University, Neuroradiology Fellowship, Nashville, TN, 2000
- Diplomat of the National Board of Medical Examiners
- American Board of Radiology - Diagnostic Radiology
- ABR Certificate of Added Qualification - Neuroradiology